Thursday, January 13, 2011

Can cheating in "the marital bed" be forgiven?

This was a topic on the Today Show this morning and I just couldn't resist weighing in.  I will first say this ~   I have been cheated on (as most of have) and I have been cheated with (as some of us have if we are truly honest).  Cheating is a topic that women discuss often and some what hypocritically (will save that for another day). 

The thing I noted most from the conversation on the Today Show was something my grandmother has spoken of often ~ and that is cheating can be done with integrity.  Go figure.  I do have to wonder though if we call it cheating with integrity because it allows us to forgive and continue in the relationship?  I know that for me I believe all men and most women cheat at some point for various reasons.  Does this allow us to rationalize certain behaviors?  But I do have to agree and it is because I agree that I don't believe that cheating in the marital bed can be forgiven.  Honestly, I don't believe cheating under the roof you live in with your spouse, partner, significant other etc. can be forgiven.  I am not even sure if I believe that when you are just dating that cheating at the house can be forgiven.  But back to the integrity thing.  I absolutely believe that cheating can be done with integrity.  I also believe that everyone should play their position (another topic for another day).

Curious....do you all think that cheating in the marital bed can be forgiven?  How many times have you forgive someone for cheating?  Do you think it is easier for women to forgive than men? 

No comments:

Post a Comment