Saturday, December 4, 2010

Things I learned from The Hot Box

I just finished reading "The Hot Box" by Zane.  It is the second book of hers that was totally surprising to me.  I have been a Zane fan since I picked up "Addicted," however, this like the previous book I read was a page turner and contained some sex scenes, but they didn't appear to be as frequent or as graphic as most consider Zane.  It was excellent and extremely thought provoking.  If you haven't read it you should pick it up IMMEDIATELY!  At the end of the book she even talks about why she writes the way she writes and gives detail into the characters.

Anywho ~ here is my list of the things I learned.....

1.  You can never judge a book by its cover and that goes for a man too!  So often we professional women have our sights set so high that we overlook the perfect man.

2.  Everyone isn't homeless by choice or for some bad reason.  If the sun, the moon, and the stars line up right any of us could wind up homeless, especially those of us who live pay check to pay check.

3.  Sometimes something bad has to happen in order to bring us to our blessing.

4.  One can be waisting time and move through life without living life.

5.  Just because you love someone doesn't make that person right for you.

6.  It is a wonderful thing when someone loves you enough to let you go and find someone who can love you the right way.  So often, we stay in relationships that are not healthy.  If you are with someone and you know you cannot love them the way they deserve to be loved.  Let them go.  Help them to find someone who can be the significant other that they need by leaving their life.  They may not understand it now, but when they find that someone they will.

7.  Let go of your past so that you can move on to your future.

8.  Down low men can be found in some of the oddest places!  Be careful ladies!

9.  No amount of money can take the place of true love or true happiness.  Never settle!  It is not worth it in the end.

10.  Respect yourself and demand that others respect you.

1 comment:

  1. I read it. I too learned a great deal and it gave me a lot to think about as well.

    ReplyDelete